Seduction of the Innocent. By Fredric Wertham. New York & Toronto:
Find in a Library with WorldCat
Library of Congress:
Google Scholar || Google Books
Publisher's Online Information || Author's Information
- Publisher's Note ... v
- Acknowledgments ... vii
- "Such Trivia as Comic Books": Introducing the Subject ... 1
- "You Always Have to Slug 'Em": What Are Crime Comic Books? ... 17
- The Road to the Child: Methods of Examination ... 54
- The Wrong Twist: The Effects of Comic Books on the Child ... 83
- Retooling for Illiteracy: The Influence of Comic Books on Reading ... 119
- Design for Delinquency: The Contribution of Crime Comic Books to Juvenile Delinquency ... 147
- "I Want to be a Sex Maniac!": Comic Books and the Psychosexual Development of Children ... 173
- "Bumps and Bulges": Advertising in Comic Books ... 195
- The Experts for the Defense: The Scientiic Promotion of Comic Books ... 251
- The Upas Tree: Making and Makers of Comic Books ... 251
- Murder in Dawson Creek: The Comic Books Abroad ... 273
- The Devil's Allies: The Struggle Against the Comic-Book Industry ... 295
- Homicade at Home: Television and the Child ... 353
- The Triumph of Dr. Payn: Comic Books Today and the Future ... 385
- Bibliographical Note ... 399
Barker, Martin. A Haunt of Fears.
London: Pluto Press, 1984. Rpt. Jackson and London: University Press
of Mississippi, 1992. [See especially chapter six, "Fredric Wertham's Nightmare"]
Wertham and the
Critique of Mass Culture.
Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2005. [See especially Chapter Four, "Wertham and the Critique of Comic Books"]
Harvey, R.C. "Comicopia: Wasn't Wertham Right After All?" [Re-evaluation
of Wertham, Seduction of the Innocent, with reference to Nyberg,
of Approval.] Comics Journal 223 (May 2000): 105-09.
Harvey, R.C. "Wertham Revisited: Seduction in the Eighties." Comics
Journal 106 (March 1986): 72-90, 95.
Kyle, Richard. "Graphic Story World" [essay on Seduction of the
Innocent]." Graphic Story Magazine 11 (Summer 1970): 46-7.
Nyberg, Amy Kiste. Seal of Approval: The History
of the Comics Code. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi,
1998. See especially chapter four, "Fredric Wertham and the Comics Crusade."
Scholz, Carter. "Seducing the Innocent." [essay on Wetham's
works.] Comics Journal 80 (March 1983): 43-45, 47, 49-50,
Fulltext via Dreadfuldays.net
Coville, Jamie. Seduction of the Innocents and the Attack on Comic Books: The Comic Book Villain, Dr. Fredrick Wertham, M.D.
Darius, Julian. The End of Seduction, a Tragedy in Five Acts. Sequential Culture #40, 21 October 2005 through Sequential Culture #48, 16 December 2005.
Pyle, Christian L. Seduction of the Innocent. St. James Encyclopedia of Pop Culture.
"A site dedicated to the comics censorship movement of the 1940's and
1950's, Seduction of the Innocent , and the works of Dr. Fredric
Wertham." Includes a helpful list of comic books referenced in SOTI.